Quality of life awaits the new owners of this picturesque farmette, which offers idyllic country living just 20 minutes from Hunt Valley. Cross the bridge over the Little Falls onto 38 acres where Highland cattle graze and free-range geese and chickens roam. Both the home and bank barn date to the 1870s though they’ve been meticulously maintained and upgraded for modern living. The home sits on a hillside overlooking pastures, a pond and spring house. It has kept its historic charm, including a colorful stained glass transom window over the original front door, wood floors, four wood burning fireplaces and one gas fireplace, and original mantles. Yet a modern family will find every convenience: an exquisite master suite remodeled with cathedral ceilinged office; 4+bedrooms, 4 full, updated bathrooms, and a gourmet kitchen. Adjacent to the kitchen is a large family room with a stone bar and wine storage and egress onto the expansive, covered patio shaded by mature Norway maples. Steps away is a newly refinished, fenced pool equipped with wireless speaker system and nestled into a terraced English cottage garden. Twenty of the 38 acres are newly fenced and acreage is currently used for livestock and hay. The barn has water and electrical and can either be used for animals or converted into a party barn. Whether seeking a family compound, a hobby farm, or simply a rural retreat, this home has the features for any lifestyle.
Single Family, Traditional, 3+ Story
Private/Community Septic Tank
4,710 sq. ft
4/18/2021 12:00:00 AM
4,710 Sq. Ft. (approx)
Cable TV,Propane,Under Ground
BALTIMORE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Detailed Room Information
- Upper Floor
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 4,710 Sq. Ft. Above Ground.
- Commercial Range,Dishwasher,Disposal,Dryer,Exhaust Fan,Extra Refrigerator/Freezer,Freezer,Microwave,Oven/Range - Gas,Refrigerator,Six Burner Stove,Stainless Steel Appliances,Washer,Washer - Front Loading
- Central Air, Ceiling Fan(s), Zoned
- Oil. .
- Other,Daylight, Partial,Drain,Outside Entrance,Unfinished,Walkout Level,Windows,Workshop
- 4. Mantel(s),Screen,Stone,Gas/Propane,Wood.
- Additional Interior Features
- Additional Stairway,Bar,Breakfast Area,Built-Ins,Ceiling Fan(s),Chair Railings,Combination Dining/Living,Combination Kitchen/Dining,Crown Moldings,Dining Area,Family Room Off Kitchen,Formal/Separate Dining Room,Kitchen - Eat-In,Kitchen - Gourmet,Kitchen - Island,Pantry,Recessed Lighting,Soaking Tub,Stain/Lead Glass,Stall Shower,Upgraded Countertops,Walk-in Closet(s),Wet/Dry Bar,Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- Stone, Aluminum
- Pool Description
- Fenced,In Ground,Concrete
- Structural Condition
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Chimney Cap(s),Extensive Hardscape,Exterior Lighting,Outbuilding(s),Play Equipment. Landscaping,Pond,Private,Rural,Secluded,Stream/Creek.
Fridge in basement, geese, generator
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price