Preparing Your Home For Sale
Whether you're ready to sell now or just curious about the process, we can help. Many homeowners begin thinking about selling long before they are really ready to move!
The sale of property in MD involves legalities that even a For Sale By Owner must conform to. We provide the following services in preparing your home for sale.
- Provide a free, no obligation market evaluation for your property.
- Provide recent comparables and an update on recent activity in your area.
- Provide an estimate of your cost of sale and your net equity based on your property.
- Explain Fair Housing Laws.
- Provide you with a copy of the MD Seller Disclosure Act form.
- Explain why offering a home warranty for your property may be in your best interest.
- Offer staging advice and suggest minor improvements that may increase your property value.
- Professional photography and listing materials designed by our in-house marketing team
Garage Sale Time
Now is a great time to get rid of all those unnecessary things you accumulated - things you no longer want or need - and bring in a little extra cash at the same time.
A garage sale is not hard to prepare for and can be fun! Enlist the help of the whole family in organizing and pricing your merchandise. Perhaps you could arrange a joint sale with a few neighbors. Advertise the sale in your local paper and with signs placed around the neighborhood. Be prepared to bargain and drop prices, if necessary, to clear out your inventory. Make arrangements with a local charity to collect all the leftover items after the sale. Purple Heart and Habitat for Humanity are two charities that will pick up right at your door!
Tax Deductible Moving Expenses
Many of the expenses connected with moving may be tax deductible, if the move is job related. Some of these include:
- The cost of moving your household goods.
- Expenses incurred while house-hunting.
- Travel expenses during the move for you and your family.
- The cost of meals and temporary lodging for up to 30 days after you get the new job.
- The expenses, of selling your house and buying a new one.
To substantiate your claim, keep an accurate, detailed account of your moving expenses, including all receipts.